Saturday, August 02, 2014

Swoon Quilt finish

Almost every quilter that I meet, wants to make a Swoon quilt, or they have already!  It's a very fun pattern, that uses fat quarters, and comes together to make a large 80" x 80" quilt top.  My friends and I did a quilting bee and all made each other blocks, this was the pattern I chose.  It makes me so happy to see this quilt finished.

You have all got fabric stashed away for the perfect project right?  That is what these fabrics were, my favorites!  A lot of Tula Pink, and Anna Maria Horner, with a few perfect beachy fabrics thrown in.

I used a white with gray dots for the background, it softens it quite a bit.  The fabric is from Bonnie & Camille's Moda fabric line called Vintage Modern.  The binding is a Tula Pink fabric from her line Salt Water.  I used an aqua voile on the back of it.  My friend Beth let me borrow her long arm to quilt it.  It was such a fun quilt to make.  Thanks for the memories Jenn, Barbara, Colleen, Ellen, Becky, Elizabeth and Joni!
I was able to finish this quilt while camping up in the mountains at Odell Lake, and the whole reason we went all of the way out there was to see Crater Lake!  Have you been there??? It was so beautiful, here are a few photos, and yes, the water really is that blue.
I hope you're having a lovely summer! 

2 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Beautiful quilt in my favorite color using fabrics from my favorite designers...enjoy your vacation!

MysteryKnitter said...

That quilt is awesome! It makes me think of a sea.