Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show 2014

I was so excited to be able to go up to Sisters, Oregon for the 39th Annual Outdoor Quilt Show.  My kids and I went up and spent the weekend with Beth and her family.  We had the best time!

On Friday we went and explored.  I took the kids on a hike called Black Butte Lookout.  The area is just beautiful, with a panorama of mountain peaks and wildflowers everywhere.  I must tell you though, if you aren't in the best shape, it's a hard hike.  I was sore for a few days afterwards.
The views made it all worth it though!
Beth and I were able to get some sewing time in of course.
Saturday was the quilt show, it was HOT, HOT, HOT!  When I got back to my car it said it was 95 degrees, woo!  It was great though, there were over 1,400 quilts hanging all over the town of Sisters.
This lovely quilt is by Elizabeth Hartman, a long time favorite quilter of mine!
Another Elizabeth Hartman quilt, love those foxes made out of Liberty of London fabric.
Isn't that pop of orange perfect?
There was an Ohio Star Challenge, that I loved!  So many great quilts.
One thing I noticed this year, was COLOR.  There were many quilts that were bright and fun.  Loved it!  It was very inspiring.
I really, really want to make this one.
This was my friend Beth's favorite, it's fantastic!
My lovely friend Violet Craft's quilt.
Yet another great quilt from Elizabeth, using Violet's fabric.
Quilts from my friends Cherri, Susan and Jen.  The quilt on the left made by Cherri inspired me so much, I made one for myself!  I love her quilt so much.
Here is me, with my quilt!!
The best thing about this quilt show is of course, spending time with friends.   Beth and I loved this kooky bird quilt.
Seeing all of my Portland peeps!  Elizabeth, Petra, Violet, Jen and Monica!
Until next year Sisters, thanks for a great day! xoxoxo

1 comment:

elnorac said...

Love, love, love your Converging Corners quilt! Are you on Instagram? I saw your quilt there, posted by @fishcreekstudio. I'd love to follow you if you're there. I'm elnorac there.